Photo by Kevin Matyi
By Kevin Matyi
Stolen needles, a patient in the ceiling and students on drugs. I’m Kevin Matyi, and this is the Crime Report for Sunday, Sep. 21, to Monday, Sep. 27, here on Indie Air.
- A female commuter student was arrested in the afternoon of Monday, Sep. 21, for using a cell phone while driving. She was both issued a summons and referred.
- On Tuesday, Sep. 22, the only crime reported was an unfounded report of marijuana from Benedict College of H Quad.
- At 9:30 in the morning of Wednesday, Sep. 23, a patient of the University Hospital falsely reported that another patient had gone in to the ceiling, according to the police Daily Crime Log. Assistant Chief of Stony Brook University Police Neil Farrell said that the reason for the false report is still unknown.
- Police found five individuals smoking marijuana in Tabler Quad before 8:00 in the evening on Thursday, Sep. 24. Of the five people, the two male residential students were referred.
- A patient of the University Hospital with no affiliation to Stony Brook University was arrested just after midnight on Friday, Sep. 25. According to Assistant Chief Farrell, the patient had ben discharged from the hospital, and then returned, claiming to have left something behind. They then tried to leave the hospital with stolen needles in a bag when the police arrested them.
- After 4:30 in the morning on Saturday, Sep. 26, officers on foot patrol found a female residential student who appeared drunk, according to Assistant Chief Farrell. The student was taken to the University Hospital Emergency Room.
- A former patient was harassing employees of the Hospital by phone at 6:30 in the afternoon on Sunday, Sep. 27. According to Assistant Chief Farrell, the patient called the hospital “multiple times and has been repeatedly told to stop but has failed to comply.”
For more on these stories and others, visit us at www.sbindependent.org, like the Stony Brook Independent Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @SBINews.
For Indie Air, I’m Kevin Matyi. Thanks for watching.
Crime Report are posted every Wednesday night.