Photo by Spyffe/flickr
By Kevin Matyi
Bags of drugs, exuberant pool playing, and more student violence. Here is the Crime Report for April 13 to April 20 on Indie Air.
- After 8:00 a.m. on April 13, a “backpack with drugs and paraphernalia” was found at the University Hospital, according to the police crime log. Assistant Chief of University Police Neil Farrell said that the backpack and contents belongs to a patient of the hospital with no affiliation to the university.
- An employee of the hospital notified police at approximately 4:00 p.m. on April 14 that her ex-boyfriend had been “constantly calling her phone,” according to the crime log, and “made several calls to her place of employment,” according to Farrell. The case has been closed by investigation.
- At 10:00 a.m. on April 15, a male patient with no affiliation to the university threatened to physically harm a male staff member of the hospital. The staff member did not seek prosecution.
- In the span of a half an hour, from 7:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on April 16, two cars at the hospital had money stolen from them. Both cases have been closed.
- A male residential student was referred at 2:00 a.m. on April 17 for crossing the train tracks at the Long Island Railroad Stony Brook station.
- The window of a male hospital employee’s Pontiac Grand Prix was reported broken at 12:30 p.m. on April 18 at the Health Science Center garage. The case has been closed by investigation.
- On April 19, the only crime reported was a broken window before 3:00 p.m. in Irving College, Mendelsohn Quad. According to Assistant Chief Farrell, “The window was accidentally broken by students playing pool.”
- Two residential students got in to a violent fight on April 20 just after 12:30 a.m. in Keller College, Roosevelt Quad, a resident assistant of the building reported. Both students were referred, and the male student was also arrested for criminal obstruction of breathing.
For more on these stories and others, visit sbindependent.org, follow us @SBINews and like the Stony Brook Independent Facebook page.
Crime Reports are posted every Friday